In Florida, there are a number of traffic laws and road sharing guidelines in place to help cyclists and motorists share the roads safely. Unfortunately, auto accidents involving bicycles still happen and are very often the result of negligent drivers who fail to observe the cyclists’ right of way.
If you have been injured in a bicycle accident and you believe a negligent driver is responsible, you may be entitled to compensation. To learn more and find out if you have a valid claim, contact the Boynton Beach bicycle accident lawyers of Kogan & DiSalvo to schedule a free case evaluation. An experienced injury lawyer can take you through the claims process and ensure you know what to expect each step of the way.
In many cases, bicycle accidents happen because motorists become reckless and do not adhere to the traffic laws and guidelines pertaining to cyclists. Some of the most common causes of accidents that Boynton Beach bike accident lawyers deal with include:
- Motorist failing to properly yield the right of way
- Distracted drivers pulling out in front of a cyclist or turning into a cyclist
- Careless drivers and passengers opening car doors in the path of a cyclist
- Reckless drivers disobeying the speed limit and ignoring stop signs or stop lights
- Impaired drivers making poor decisions behind the wheel
When you are involved in a bicycle accident that may have been a result of any form of negligent driving on behalf of the motorist, you may be entitled to compensation and should, therefore, consult with a Boynton Beach bike accident attorney to discuss legal action.
Bicycle Accident Compensation
When bicycle accidents occur, regardless of who is responsible, the bicyclist usually suffers the greatest damage and most catastrophic injuries due to a lack of physical protection. Bike accident can If your injuries are a result of a driver’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for damages including:
- Costs for immediate and future medical care pertaining to your injuries
- Lost income due to injuries that make you incapable of performing work duties
- Damages for pain, suffering and physical disability
- Damages for injury-induced loss of social, family or educational experiences
To find out if you are entitled to seek damages with a legal claim, call to schedule a free case evaluation with one of our experienced Boynton Beach bicycle accident lawyers.