Fort Lauderdale Injury Lawyer
A personal injury can happen anywhere. It is indeed, personal – the accident changes every aspect of your life, including work, family and home. You worry not only about your health but about your livelihood, paying bills and keeping your family fed and housed. When you are severely injured in an accident due to another’s negligence, you must concentrate on recovery.
A Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyer will fight for your rights and help you get the type of compensation you deserve. Call today to discuss your case with an experienced injury attorney and begin the road to recovery. En Español.
Personal injury covers a broad scope. No matter the type of injury or how it occurred, a personal injury case results from another party’s behavior. That party directly or indirectly caused the injury through negligence or reckless behavior. Some of the common practice areas that may warrant the attention of a personal injury attorney in Ft. Lauderdale include:
- Motor vehicle accidents – although motor vehicle accidents result in the most common types of injuries, Florida’s no-fault auto insurance system does not permit filing personal injury claims unless the injury is permanently disabling. Unfortunately, many motor vehicle accidents result in just that type of trauma.
- Motorcycle accidents – motorcyclists are particularly vulnerable to mistakes made by drivers of larger vehicles on the road. When hit by a car or truck, surviving motorcyclists often suffer catastrophic injuries.
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents – cyclists and pedestrians have nothing to protect them if they are hit by a motor vehicle, so these accidents are often particularly devastating.
- Premises liability – property owners and tenants have a responsibility to keep their premises in reasonable and safe condition. Slip and fall accidents, as well as dog bites, fall into the area of premises liability.
- Product liability – poorly designed or manufactured products may leave a path of injured users in their wake. If the product was used as intended and caused injury or illness, the plaintiff may sue the manufacturer for product liability.
Sometimes, the plaintiff in a personal injury suit dies because of those injuries. If that occurs, the personal injury suit may become a wrongful death claim, which a Ft. Lauderdale personal injury attorney will be able to assist with.
For many victims, a serious personal injury marks a change in their lifestyle. The injury is of such magnitude that they could require supportive care, a wheelchair, or other necessities because of mental or physical impairment. Such catastrophic injuries include:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Loss of vision
- Loss of limbs
Florida has a longer statute of limitations for filing claims based on negligence than many other states – four years from the date of the incident. An action for wrongful death must be filed within two years of the death date.
Contact a Personal Injury Attorney Today
Anyone experiencing a serious accident needs to focus on recuperation and rehabilitation, not fighting with insurance companies. An attorney knows how to deal with insurance companies and how to get a fair settlement for a client. If an insurance company refuses to offer fair compensation, an aggressive injury lawyer will take the case to court.
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury because of another party’s negligence, you need the services of a Ft. Lauderdale personal injury attorney who will review your situation and advise you of your options.