Factors Contributing to Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle riders often get a bad reputation. Some people assume all motorcycle riders drive dangerously and are reckless. In fact, the drivers of other vehicles are just as likely to be at fault or partially at fault for causing these types of auto accidents. Some of the most common ways the drivers of trucks and cars cause accidents with motorcycles are:
- Head-on Collisions: These are often fatal to the motorcycle driver.
- Other Vehicles Making Left-hand Turns: When a car is making a left-hand turn, the driver may not see motorcyclists coming around the corner, going through intersections or trying to get around, causing the driver of the car to crash with the motorcycle.
- Lane Splitting: This occurs when a motorcycle driver drives between two lanes of stopped or slowly moving cars, generally in traffic jams. These crashes occur because the other drivers don’t anticipate the motorcyclist to be between the two lanes.
- Speeding and Alcohol Use: About half of reported crashes involving a single motorcycle are caused by speeding or intoxication.
- Collisions Between Motorcycles and Fixed Objects: Because a motorcyclist is not as protected as a driver of a car, they are exposed to the elements. In a crash, they are more prone to injury and even death.
These are not the only causes that can contribute to motorcycle crashes. Varying circumstances can make each accident unique. If you’ve been injured, or you’ve lost a loved one due to a motorcycle accident, it’s important to know that you have rights and deserve compensation. Our lawyers in the Boynton Beach area will fight for your justice.
When you get in a motorcycle accident, your life will be immediately changed by all of the repercussions of the accident. As your dedicated law team, our experienced lawyers have the goal of recovering compensation on your behalf for things including:
- Medical expenses to treat your injury
- Rehabilitative care to recover from your injury
- Loss of income because your injury prevents you from working
- Pain and suffering resulting from the accident
Our lawyers do whatever it takes to secure the best possible outcome to your case. When you choose us, you are choosing personable service and an individualized, dedicated approach to your case. We also have extensive resources and access to expert witnesses and accident reconstruction professionals. We put all of our knowledge, experience, resources and compassion to work in your case.