Head-on collisions are terrifying and often result in catastrophic injuries. If you’ve been involved in a crash, it’s time to retain a Tampa car accident lawyer from the firm of Kogan & DiSalvo. Our highly skilled attorneys will work with you to assess the full range of damages you have sustained and determine the compensation available to you.
At Kogan & DiSalvo, we work tirelessly to ensure our clients receive the comprehensive representation they deserve after a head-on collision. Our team of legal professionals will make sure your rights as an accident victim are protected, negotiating with the insurance company and liable parties to get you fair compensation. Contact our Tampa head-on collision lawyers today for a free consultation.
A head-on collision occurs when two cars strike each other directly from the front, most commonly when going in opposite directions. Head-on collisions are more severe than other accidents as the force of both vehicles is completely directed toward one another.
How the cars collide, the speed they’re traveling at, and the impact duration determine the crash’s severity. Head-on collisions in Hillsborough County result in devastating injuries that can permanently alter your quality of life and are associated with very high fatality rates.
The most common causes of head-on collisions include:
- Distracted driving applies to a crash caused by the vehicle operator using a cell phone, having a conversation and losing focus, eating or drinking, smoking or vaping, or grooming themselves.
- Road conditions may cause a crash if there is improper drainage, potholes, crumbling pavement, inadequate lighting, bridge defects, missing signs, damaged guardrails, and more.
- Driver error may be attributed to a crash when the person operating the vehicle misjudges the time and distance needed to pass safely, an elderly driver no longer possesses the necessary driving reflexes, an inexperienced driver gets confused, or other reasons.
- Unexpected events such as a deer jumping into the road or another animal crossing, an object falling, medical emergencies, or more may be at fault for the head-on collision.
- Falling asleep at the wheel may be to blame for your accident if another driver becomes drowsy but refuses to pull off the road or has not gotten enough sleep the night before driving.
- Drunk driving is the cause of 60% of all wrong-way head-on collisions, as the drunk driver’s reflexes and judgments are severely impaired. Drunk drivers are more likely to drive unsafely, speeding and swerving in between traffic.
Contact a Tampa head-on car accident lawyer from Kogan & DiSalvo to evaluate your case.
Head-on collisions cause severe injuries. Some can be debilitating and lead to permanent loss of function. Common injuries from a head-on collision in Tampa include:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- Broken bones
- Blunt force trauma
- Internal damage to the organs
- Chest injuries
- Back injuries
- Facial deformities
At Kogan & DiSalvo, we leverage our extensive knowledge, real-world experience, and the authority of expert medical and forensic witnesses to present your most robust, compelling case.
A Tampa head-on car accident lawyer will assist you by investigating your accident, gathering critical evidence, preparing and submitting appropriate claims to insurance companies, and handling settlement negotiations.
To assist us in building an unshakeable case, if you’re able, make sure to:
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident
- Get contact information from witnesses
- File a police report
- Contact us
- Tell your insurance company
After your accident, you can help your attorney efficiently process your claim by attending a follow-up appointment with your doctors and saving all bills and documents related to your case.
Kogan & DiSalvo will bring life care planners and economists to present data analysis detailing your present and future expenses. Simply put, we are the Gold Standard in personal injury law.
The amount you receive for damages related to a head-on collision will depend on the unique characteristics of your case, and may include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Long-term care
- Diminished earning capacity
In 2020, head-on collisions accounted for 3,631 deaths in the United States. If a loved one has been killed as a result of a head-on collision and someone else’s reckless driving, you may be able to file a wrongful death claim.
Damages received from a wrongful death claim may include:
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of future income
- Loss of emotional support
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Emotional pain and suffering
- Medical expenses incurred before death
Kogan & DiSalvo attorneys have decades of combined experience handling head-on collision cases. We’ve seen people at their most vulnerable, undergoing hardships related to their physical injuries, mental well-being, and financial stability. Our attorneys are passionate about justice and fighting for the compensation our clients need to move forward with their lives.
If you or a loved one have been the victim of a devastating head-on collision accident in Tampa or elsewhere in Hillsborough County, Florida, contact Kogan & DiSalvo today. Initial consultations are always free.