2020 A Modern Citizen Scholarship
Congratulations to our previous scholarship recipients! Find out more about our previous winners here!
Kogan & DiSalvo is excited to offer A Modern Citizen Scholarship to a worthy and enthusiastic student who is interested in learning about and taking action on challenges facing their community and the world.
In this day and age it is easier than ever to stay up to date on current events and news on a local, national, and global level. As attorneys invested in protecting people suffering from negligence and injury, we are also interested in the overall systems of law in this country and want to reward a student who takes an active role in solving these problems by awarding them with $1,000 to put toward their education.
In a 750-1,000 word essay explain what you think it means to be a modern citizen? There are so many ways for us to get involved in issues facing our community, country and world. What do you believe an active citizen looks like these days and how do you find yourself taking part in your community on a local, state or national level?
The deadline for this scholarship is on December 31, 2020.
Eligibility for this scholarship requires the applicant to meet each of the following criteria:
- Applicant must be accepted to / enrolled in an accredited undergraduate college, university or graduate school in the United States, and pursuing an education in the legal field;
- Applicant must demonstrate strong academic standing with a minimum GPA of 3.0;
- Applicant has demonstrated an academic career inclusive of outstanding service to the community, strong initiative to pursue higher education and superlative leadership
To apply for the $1,000 Kogan & DiSalvo A Modern Citizen Scholarship, please submit:
- Applicant’s current resume, detailing academic history, achievements, goals and objectives, as well as employment history, philanthropic involvement and leadership positions
- Applicant’s academic transcript and/or documentation of acceptance and enrollment with an institution meeting the aforementioned criteria
- 750-1,000 word essay discussing the following: Describe what you think it means to be citizen in 2020? Discuss what it means to be an active citizen today and how you find yourself taking part in your community on a local, state or national level.
The recipient of A Modern Citizen Scholarship will be chosen during the month following the scholarship deadline.
Application Deadline and Instructions:
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must email their full application (including the essay, resumé, and transcript) to email@example.com by December 31, 2020. Any applications sent after this date will not be considered.
Scholarship applications should be sent with the subject line “[First initial. Last name] – 2020 A Modern Citizen Scholarship Application.”
Kogan & DiSalvo Personal Injury Law has successfully represented and served those who have been injured by someone else’s negligence for 25 years. Based in South Florida, with offices in Boynton Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Boca Raton, Delray Beach, West Palm Beach and Stuart, we represent clients from across the United States as well as those who reside in foreign countries who were injured while in the United States. Our experienced personal injury attorneys have helped thousands of people who were injured in motor vehicle, trucking, motorcycle, boating, bicycle, slip & fall, and premises liability accidents; those who have suffered traumatic brain injuries; wrongful death claims; mass tort and class action claims. If you or a loved one has been injured due to no fault of your own, call the team at Kogan & DiSalvo Personal Injury Law today to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your case.