A motorcycle accident can change your life forever, resulting in loss of employment, stacks of medical bills, and significant pain and suffering. An experienced personal injury attorney can help you overcome these challenges, holding all negligent parties accountable and paving the way for a happier and financially stable future.
Are you worried about legal issues after being injured in a motorcycle accident in Tampa or anywhere in Florida? You don’t have to face this ordeal alone. The attorneys at Kogan & DiSalvo have a proven record of success helping people like you and are here to fight for the full and fair compensation you deserve.
How Has This Motorcycle Accident Changed Your Life?
One of our jobs as Tampa personal injury attorneys is to determine the full impact accidents have on our clients’ lives. In handling your motorcycle accident claim, we will ask many questions regarding your future and well-being, including:
- Are you missing work? A motorcycle crash can result in serious injuries that may keep you out of work for weeks, months, or even years. In some cases, motorcycle accident victims are left permanently disabled. We fight tirelessly for our clients because we understand that they have bills to pay and mouths to feed, and this loss of earning ability is not their fault.
- Are you suffering? The recovery period after a motorcycle accident is often extremely difficult, and may require hospital stays, surgeries, medications, physical therapy, and other expensive medical needs. We work with experts in medicine, economics, life-care planning, and other fields to determine what our clients need to heal and rebuild their lives in the aftermath of a motorcycle accident.
- Has your quality of life diminished? The impact of a motorcycle crash can extend far beyond employment and medical issues. You may no longer be able to engage in hobbies you once enjoyed. Your personal relationships may be affected. You may not be able to ride your bike for some time. All of these issues and more may be addressed in a personal injury claim. We leave no stone unturned in helping to make our clients whole after a serious motorcycle accident injury.
Our approach to personal injury law is personal. Our Tampa motorcycle accident lawyers take the time to get to know our clients so we can gain a full understanding of how these accidents have changed their lives. This allows us to build cases that address all losses and make a meaningful difference in the lives of our clients.
Leveling The Playing Field
Motorcyclists have the same rights as everyone else on the road. All too often, however, drivers of cars and trucks fail to respect those rights. A common refrain in the wake of a motorcycle accident is the at-fault driver saying: “I just didn’t see the motorcycle.” But it is the responsibility of all drivers to pay attention to their surroundings, to look and listen for smaller vehicles such as motorcycles, scooters, and ATVs. Failing to see these vehicles is not a valid excuse—it is negligence that can and should be exposed in the legal system.
Common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Drivers suddenly changing lanes and sideswiping a motorcycle
- Drivers taking left turns and crossing into the paths of motorcyclists who have the right of way
- Poor road conditions, including potholes and cracks
- Inclement weather
Motorcycle riders enjoy very few of the protections drivers of passenger vehicles take for granted. This is why motorcycle accidents often result in fractures, head injuries, “road rash,” burns, and other catastrophic injuries that can cause significant pain and suffering.
If someone violated your rights on the road, the last thing you want is to have your rights ignored by the legal system. Our lawyers are here to level the playing field and make sure that doesn’t happen.
Standing With Surviving Family Members
While motorcycles only account for three percent of registered vehicles on Florida roads, they account for nearly seventeen percent of traffic deaths.
Every traffic fatality is tragic, but when negligence plays a role, surviving family members are left with vexing questions and perhaps even anger and a sense of injustice.
Our lawyers handle wrongful death claims with compassion and acute attention to detail. The way we see it, strong legal action in the wake of a motorcycle accident not only helps our client, but also serves as a deterrent that may prevent future tragedies from taking place.
No legal action can ever replace the loss of a loved one, but bringing a wrongful death lawsuit may allow you to obtain compensation for hardships such as funeral and burial services, loss of support, and loss of companionship.
If you are dealing with the loss of a loved one after a motorcycle accident, we are here to help you understand your rights and the legal process, and to guide you through every step along the way.
Does It Matter Which Law Firm I Choose After a Motorcycle Accident?
Anyone who says all law firms are the same has never had to deal with a critical legal issue like a motorcycle accident claim. Choosing the right law firm is of paramount importance to your future and your prospects for financial compensation.
An experienced lawyer knows what your claim is worth and how to hold responsible parties accountable for every penny you deserve. Insurance companies do not freely pay motorcycle accident claims. They may:
- Try to limit or even deny the compensation you need
- Offer you far less than your claim is worth
- Try to pressure you into accepting a low-ball settlement
- Claim the accident was your fault
Our Tampa motorcycle accident lawyers deal with these tactics every day and know how to counter them for the benefit of our clients.
We have been handling personal injury claims for clients in Tampa, throughout Hillsborough County and across the state of Florida for more than 28 years. Any attorney can claim experience, but we demonstrate it every day with concrete qualifications and outstanding results. We have the skill, experience, and resources these complex claims require.
How Much Is My Motorcycle Injury Claim Worth?
It’s natural to wonder how much compensation you stand to obtain after suffering a serious motorcycle accident injury in Florida. The value of your claim depends upon several factors, including the extent of your injuries and the level of negligence exhibited by the at-fault driver.
While we cannot tell you what your case is worth without fully evaluating the circumstances of your accident, there are actions we can take on your behalf to maximize the compensation you may recover. These include:
- Thoroughly investigating the circumstances of the accident, employing private investigators, accident reconstruction experts, and other resources.
- Proactively building the strongest case possible for you, obtaining maximum leverage over your legal opponents, whether your case is eventually resolved through negotiation or litigation.
After thoroughly evaluating the factors that contributed to your accident, we can give you a better picture of the strengths and/or weaknesses in your claim and the amount of compensation you may stand to recover.
You Have One Chance At Fair Compensation
This is not the time to leave your legal matters in inexperienced hands. This is your one opportunity to obtain compensation for your motorcycle accident injury or the wrongful death of your loved one. If you leave money on the table now, you may find yourself lacking much-needed financial resources later in life.
Schedule Your Free Legal Consultation
Are you wondering where to turn after suffering a serious motorcycle accident injury in Tampa or elsewhere in the Sunshine State? We can help.
It’s free to talk to us. It’s free to ask questions about your legal claim. Get in touch with one of our experienced attorneys today to learn how we can help you fight for the full justice and maximum compensation you deserve.